February 28, 2019 – Earlybird Deadline, $100 course discount for applications received by 11:59 pm PST on February 28, 2019
April 16, 2019 – Admissions Deadline. (If applying after April 16 please get in touch regarding available space.)
April 23, 2019 – Essay Contest Submissions Due
May 18, 2019 – Confirmation & Deposit
June 15, 2019 – Final Payment Due
July 8-16, 2019 – Summer Scholars Program – Course I
July 18-25, 2019 – Summer Scholars Program – Course II
Course I – Socrates on Trial (3 credits) – $1,699
Course II – Divorcing the Devil (2 credits) – $1,499
Scholarships and AidThere are two types of scholarships available each year: merit-based and need-based. The merit-based scholarship is our Summer Scholars Essay contest, offered to all applicants. All accepted applicants may request/apply for need-based scholarship. See below for more information on both scholarships.
Students who apply and are accepted to both courses will be given a $300 discount from the total cost.
The Summer Scholars Essay Contest:
The Templeton Honors College is pleased to announce the Summer Scholars Essay Contest. The contest offers six prizes: two first-prize winners will receive a full scholarship, and four second-prize winners will receive a $500 scholarship.
The essay contest is open to all high school sophomores and juniors applying to the Summer Scholars Program. To be considered, entries must be submitted with an application (unless the contestant has already applied).
- Topic: What is the difference between information and wisdom?
- Length: 300-500 words
- Format: Times New Roman, 12-point; single-spaced; 1″ inch margins; include full name and contact information
- Deadline: April 23, 2019 (Midnight, EST)
Essays can be emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), faxed (610-341-1790), or mailed:
The Templeton Honors College, SSP Essay Contest
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087
Only after applicants have been accepted to the Summer Scholars Program can they apply for need-based scholarship. Application is comprised of two steps:
- Fax/email parent/guardian(s) most recent 1040 tax form
- With the tax form, state the amount of scholarship needed to cover the complete cost of the program. (We ask applicants to request scholarship bearing in mind that there are other applicants also requesting assistance from a fund that is strictly limited; so please request based on need, not on want.)