Admission is based on several criteria. They are:
- Acceptance into the undergraduate program at Eastern University.
- SAT score of 1400, ACT score of 30, or CLT score of 100.
- Top 9% of graduating class (when available).
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Submission of Templeton application materials and a personal interview with the Templeton staff.
Templeton Honors College students are destined for lives of commitment and leadership in a society that struggles for a moral compass. The Templeton Honors College is committed to helping students both discern gifting and vocation and cultivate their relationship with Christ. This includes development of the character, and the knowledge and skills that will equip students for the service for which they were designed.
Yes. The Templeton Honors College evaluates students individually and looks for students that know how to think critically. We understand that there are different gift sets and learning styles, and we want to create a cohort that is diverse in its gifting.
Deadlines and Interview Days
The deadlines for Templeton applications are as follows:
- January 1st
- February 1st
- March 1st
- April 1st (as space permits)
Interview Days for Fall 2018
- Monday, September 24th, 2018: 9:30am-4pm (Summer Scholars Interview Day)
- Monday, October 29th, 2018: 9:30am-4pm (deadline for apps. Oct. 1st)
- Friday, November 30th, 2018: 9:30am-4pm (deadline for apps. Nov. 1st)
Applying by the 1st of each month qualifies you to be considered for an interview during that month, but you can opt to interview at a later date if you would prefer. If you can not be present on an interview day a substitute date can be arranged. Further details are found within the application itself.
Scholarships & Aid
The Templeton Honors College scholarship stacks on top of Eastern academic scholarships. The composite scholarship begins at half-tuition and exceptional applicants may receive more than this, all the way up to a full-tuition scholarship. Depending on student eligibility, Eastern may also award other need-based and merit-based aid.
This is not the only form of scholarship or aid available to Templeton students. There are a range of other options such as: