A growing relationship with the Lord cannot be programmed, but we pray and labor for our students’ and our own formation as disciples of Christ. We strongly encourage all of our students to make a firm connection with a local church where they will be welcomed, nourished in the Gospel, taught, challenged, and able to serve. In addition, as members of the Body of Christ entrusted with the education of our students, we seek to care faithfully for their spiritual well-being inside and outside of the classroom.
Eastern University’s Office of Faith & Practice facilitates the spiritual formation of the entire EU student body. The office is comprised of the University Chaplain, Coordinator of Student Ministries & Service Learning and the Chapel Worship Team Advisor.
A few additional offerings:
- Women’s Group –Weekly bible study and time of prayer, open to all the women in the honors college – guests are welcome
- Men’s Group – Weekly bible study and time of prayer, open to all the men in the honors college – guests are welcome
- Morning Prayer – Thursdays, 7:30-8:00 am (while traditional undergrad classes are in session) at in the Walton Hall Prayer Chapel (St. Davids campus); liturgy is drawn from the Book of Common Prayer
- Mentors – Faculty and staff make themselves very available for student-meetings. Students may also request help finding a godly mentor in their field of study; many of our events intentionally expose students to some of the possibilities.
- Winter Retreat – Each February we have an overnight retreat at Men-O-Lan Camp and Retreat Center in Quakertown, an optional trip offered free to honors college students, for fellowship and rest.