Students who apply and are accepted to both courses will be given a 10% discount from the total cost.
The Summer Scholars Essay Contest:
The Templeton Honors College is pleased to announce the Summer Scholars Essay Contest. The contest offers six prizes: two first-prize winners will receive a full scholarship, and four second-prize winners will receive a $400 scholarship.
The essay contest is open to all high school sophomores and juniors applying to the Summer Scholars Program. To be considered, entries must be submitted with an application (unless the contestant has already applied).
- Topic: What is the difference between wisdom and information?
- Length: 300-500 words
- Format: Times New Roman, 12-point; single-spaced; 1″ inch margins; include full name and contact information
- Deadline: April 24, 2017 (Midnight, EST)
Entries and applications can be emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), faxed (610-341-1790), or mailed:
The Templeton Honors College, SSP Essay Contest
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087
Only after applicants have been accepted to the Summer Scholars Program can they apply for need-based scholarship. Application is comprised of two steps:
- Fax/email parent/guardian(s) most recent 1040 tax form
- With the tax form, state the amount of scholarship needed to cover the complete cost of the program. (We ask applicants to request scholarship bearing in mind that there are other applicants also requesting assistance from a fund that is strictly limited; so please request based on need, not on want.)